History / Mission / Goals / Principles
- Expand the delivery of primary healthcare services to five more communities, bringing the total to 15 health centres;
- Expand the delivery of secondary healthcare services to 3 additional facilities in Ebonyi State Strategies;
- Address the healthcare needs of the beneficiary communities in a comprehensive way through health education, family planning, water and sanitation programs, and economic empowerment;
- Promote AMURT’s healthcare model throughout the state as a viable model for delivering primary healthcare services to rural Nigeria.
- Every human being has the right to meet his or her own fundamental needs such as nourishment, accommodation, medical care, clothing, and education. The resources of the earth should be used in a just and appropriate way to meet those needs.
- Every human being regardless of race, creed, gender, color or social status is a dignified member of the human family and should be treated with understanding and respect.
- It is only by showing respect for women, and ensuring their integration and active participation in the development process, that a harmonious growth of the family, community, and society as a whole can be achieved.
- Development is a balanced process that maintains an equilibrium between industry and the environment, urban and rural growth, human needs and available resources. Development should lessen the gap between the rich and poor and provide opportunities for all.
- Appropriate development begins within the social and cultural framework of each community. It enables underprivileged communities to gain a greater degree of independence to determine their own future
AMURT's mission is to improve the quality of life for poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. We encourage and enable individuals and communities to harness their own resources for securing the basic necessities of life and for gaining greater economic, social and spiritual fulfilment, while honouring their customs, languages and religious beliefs.
AMURT (Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team) is one of the few private international humanitarian organizations founded in India. Since its inception in 1970 its original objective was to help meet the needs of the affected population after disasters that regularly hit the Indian sub-continent. Over the years, AMURT has established teams in over thirty countries to create a network that can meet disaster and development needs almost anywhere in the world. In 1985, we broadened our goals to include long-term development. We feel that we can play a useful role in helping vulnerable communities break the cycle of poverty and gain greater control over their lives. For us, development is human exchange: people sharing wisdom, knowledge and experience to build a better world
STRATEGIC GOALS FOR EBONYI STATE 2019 - 2023