On 5th October, 2019 AMURT Foundation had a meeting at Government House with the Governor David Nweze Umhahi. The meeting was held in the EXCO chamber and most of the State Executive Committee..........
On 26th September, 2019, AMURT commissioned a new building at Uluanwu health center in Ebonyi Local Government.
- 255 WOMEN EMPOWERED ECONOMICALLY
- 21 HEALTH FACILITY BUILDINGS CONSTRUCTED
- 70 CHILD SURGERIES (2018-19)
- 15,000 FACILITY BIRTHS
- 10 HEALTH CENTRES ESTABLISHED
- 155 VILLAGE BOREHOLES
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OF AMURT IN EBONYI STATE SINCE 2010
Since 2010, AMURT Nigeria has been working in Ebonyi State to implement its model of primary healthcare that meets the needs of remote and neglected rural communities. The program addresses all aspects of primary healthcare with special focus on safe motherhood. AMURT works in partnership with government and other agencies, and places emphasis on building community participation and capacity.
AMURT’s health program includes comprehensive ante-natal care, free delivery, obstetric emergency care services, family planning, laboratory services, health education, ambulance services, and emergency assistance for surgery, often life-saving. AMURT partners with the communities to construct new health centers and expand existing health facilities with additional hospital wings and staff quarters.
AMURT understands that optimal health is also determined by social and economic factors, and access to clean water, hence AMURT undertakes the following programs as part of its approach:
- A scholarship program that gives talented youth opportunities to become qualified health workers, thereby transforming their lives;
- A water and sanitation program that brings boreholes to communities with no access to safe water, along with training of WASHCOMs (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Committees);
- An economic empowerment program that gives opportunities for widows and women who are sole breadwinners in their families to start their own businesses through cooperatively managed revolving credit schemes.
An Effective Model of Primary Healthcare
There is so little time,
we need to make every moment count.
AMURT's sustainable and replicable model for meeting the primary healthcare needs of rural communities is based on partnerships with communities, grassroots organizations, private sector and government and includes the following components: